August 24, 2012

Smokin hot knees


Hello there! After a few hours of finishing today's featured project, my knees were covered in this gotta have color.


What do you get when you take 3 mismatched pairs of wooden chairs and paint them all this smokin hot color?

A totally unique, one of a kind dining seating set!
 
I had the absolute pleasure of working with a wonderfully creative client who picked out the chairs and the color and left the rest in my hands. Can you believe that 2 of these chairs were minty green, 2 were white and the other two were a reddish wood, (it's no secret on here that I am horrible with knowing my wood types)? After hours of stripping, staining, sanding, painting, distressing, waxing and buffing....they are a unified collection.

 
I can't wait to see what fabric this gal picks out for her seat cushions!
 





Umm, I kind of love this! It was fun to try this seating set on around our table and see how it comes together. Maybe a future project?

I've had a lot of requests lately for dining benches. I've done a few so far and really like that idea, too! Any thoughts or opinions out there on dining benches? Please share!

~Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment