February 13, 2012

A Grande Opening in a garage!

This past Saturday I opened my garage door to a DREAM!

 Since I was put on bedrest while pregnant with my twins, (now 2 years old), I have been wanting to refinish furniture. At the time I devoured all that I could about the process, proper tools, technique and more. When we moved to our first single family home after 5 years of apartments, I finally had a workspace...but I was pregnant again with our third, (a HUGE surprise to us). I collected pieces and painted when I could, but I really began to work after the birth of my son. I sold pieces on craigslist as I finished them. The response after my postings was always huge! I kept thinking, it would be great to see a bunch of finished pieces together. So, I stopped selling on craigslist and started setting my finished pieces aside in the garage until the space simply couldn't hold anymore. My original plan was to open my garage for it's first sale in the spring when the weather is warmer, but after a string of 50-60 degree days and a garage which was full of finished furniture, I figured why not February?!
Well, here's why: It snowed! Of all days!!!!

Oh well, it was a great little dress rehearsal for our garage for when the weather is warmer. I LOVE how the space turned out - so lovely and cozy.

















I pulled out a bunch of lamps from our home and used those to light the space. Vanilla scented candles added an inviting aroma and hot apple cider was served to all of our dear guests who braved the frigid weather. The sale didn't see as many guests as I was hoping for, but I can't blame people for staying inside on such a sleepy wintery day! Here is a link to my remaining items!

http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s438/cfbieber/

 If you see something you'd like please let me know so we can figure out how to get it to you! I am hoping to empty my garage out very soon of the remaining pieces so I can work on some custom orders as well as pieces for the next sale, date tbd.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope to show you a couple of good before and after pictures later this week ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment