March 27, 2012

'20s Style Desk Makeover

Hi All! 4 days and counting until our next Open Garage event! I am so so excited about all the new pieces in the Garage and feel like they're really coming together for a lovely cohesive collection. Fresh from a new makeover is this chunky 1920s style desk! I still cannot get over those extra large knobs, (original to the desk). Aren't they awesome?!

I refinished this piece in Annie Sloan's 'French Linen' chalk paint. I dry-brushed a very thin layer of cream, (Behr's 'Sandstone'), over the drawers, letting the 'French Linen' show through the brush strokes. Next, I heavily distressed all the trim and parts of the surface.







(42.25w x  19.5d x 30h)
~available for sale~

On an unrelated note, yesterday was our Mason man's 1st birthday. I couldn't imagine our life without this totally awesome little boy. What a joy he is to all of us!



Remember, this Saturday, March 31, 10am-4pm, Chelsea's Garage sale! Contact me if you would like to come by and I will give you the address!

~Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment