March 19, 2012

A very 'lucky' weekend

Hello friends! I know it has been a few days since the last post but they have flown by! St. Patty's Day was on Saturday so it's no coincidence that I had some luck this weekend. On Friday I added a gorgeous 1920s style desk to my stock in the Garage. An interior design/antique shop owner friend of mine called last week from an estate sale telling me she found this desk that she thought would look stunning after a little work. I was somewhat hesitant as I felt comfortable with the pieces I currently had in the garage, but after she sent a few pictures I was completely won over. So, now I have a desk to add to the upcoming sale! I have been working like a crazy woman trying to finish as many pieces as I can in time for our next Garage sale on March 31. Unfortunately, I have a bit of catching up to do with photographing finished pieces. So, I thought it would be fun today to show you a few fun pics from this weekend! They actualy have nothing to do with furniture, until the end, but I hope you enjoy them anyways :)

Nothing says 'Happy St. Patty's Day' like a green tutu, (much greener in person than in the pics!)

And she's off!

I had the opportunity to get my first haircut in almost 2 years! Thanks to my girl Julie over at LifeSpa for doing an amazing job!!
(Enjoying a PERFECT afternoon at Veramar Vineyard with some wonderful friends for a birthday celebration on Saturday - we sat outside and enjoyed a breathtaking view of the mountains, sipped on wine, nibbled yummy food, and laughed. A lot.)

This china cabinet with attached hutch became a work in progress Friday afternoon...

And by 11pm Saturday night, I turned the 3 glass doors into 3 beautiful wall hangings in distressed light aqua. Won't these be so pretty hanging on a wall side by side!?
(Stay tuned for what I make of the door-less China hutch!)

And finally, on Sunday, I had the privilege of getting a few hours alone with my girl, Shire. We drove out to Lucketts, a popular antique hot-spot about 45 min NW of Herndon, with no particular agenda in mind but we did find a few pretty things:
Okay, so the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint WAS on the agenda, but that was it. The bird, knobs, and candlesticks were lucky little finds :) The seafoam crackled bird said 'hello' to me as soon as I walked up to the second floor of this antique house. It had some friends in other lovely colors which I considered for a long 10 seconds, but ultimately, this little one jumped out at me right away. Birds always catch my eye, most especially when I have my Shire with me. She's tiny and has this itty bitty voice...she even 'flutters' around our house from one room to another in swift graceful movements. She is our bird. The candlesticks were hidden in a mess of hundreds of tiny little trinkets, but they were the first things I saw with their pretty peach colored flowers and seafoamy green candles. And their tag said 2 for $2 so that was an easy one. The knobs I just thought were pretty and I happen to need two knobs for the china cabinet's bottom two doors. Don't know if they'll be exactly right until I repaint the piece, but pretty knobs are good to have. I can always use them somewhere!

How was your St. Patty's weekend? I would love to hear!

~Chelsea











No comments:

Post a Comment