March 19, 2013

Our {new} coral and aqua interior!

Hi All! A few months ago I got an itch to finally tie together my two favorite colors, coral and aqua, on our main level. Here is the post I wrote with pictures of beautiful coral and aqua interiors that I found completely striking and inspiring. After a few months of keeping my eyes peeled and collecting fabric and treasures here and there, I wrote this post about how my color hunt was progressing.

I am so happy to tell you that the color hunt is done! Everything has been put in place and we are simply enjoying our new colorful space. The addition of such a vibrant color as coral has completely refreshed the space. I am absolutely positively loving it! We may have just had snow, but a new season has bloomed in our home. Take a look around :)



Some of the accents of color are small....

...as with this candle from Urban Outfitters, (which smells divine)


And that wallpaper I found at the thrift store has found itself a few nifty spots and purposes. I cut a few lengths and let it curl into itself, creating a perfect little container for these fabric flowers, (on clearance at JoAnn Fabrics)

If I decide to wallpaper the back of this bookcase, I will let you know. That was my original idea, but then it felt like a bit much. For the time being I really like having a few lengths rolled up and stacked one on top of the other. It's a little off-beat and visually interesting...my kind of decorating.


The peachy plates, also found at the thrift store, add the perfect snap of color above our teal buffet.



Again, the fabric flowers found on clearance at JoAnn Fabrics. There were two boxes left and I snatched up every last one! (so don't look for them at the JoAnns off rt. 7 in Sterling if you live in northern Virginia)


Coral pillows on the chairs were a Christmas gift from my husband. I picked them out from the Etsy shop, Festive Home Decor, which is my absolute favorite place for pillows. Not only does she have a great eye for beautiful fabric, but the quality of work is superb and the prices are more than reasonable.


The painting of Louis Wharf in Boston. Aside from having all the lovely colors I wanted to incorporate in this space, it's a dear reminder of a wonderful road trip my husband and I took up there several years ago.


The grain sack found at Lucketts Antique store in Leesburg, VA

Looking into the Dining Room

Coral damask table runner from Etsy shop, Floratouch



Another fabric flower from JF

 And another :)






If you are even considering introducing a new color into your home please check out the Color My World challenge! It will be a fun opportunity to share your color creativity here on the blog.

Thank you so much for dropping in! Check back again soon for a crafty project that's fun for little hands, beautiful to sophisticated eyes, and sure to bring the breath of spring inside your home!

~Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment