December 5, 2013

Holiday home tour {Kitchen}

By Chelsea



"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!"
~Julia Child


Our festive kitchen




I strung some gold bead garland from the dollar store that I had on hand across some cabinets that I rarely use, (they contain my fanciest cookbooks...hah!), and added some red pipe-cleaner stars that Shire helped make.




I love this snowy little guy. He had two buddies who demised either through a move or at the hands of tots. Now he keeps watch from the safety of the window sill. I covered the pot of my faux fern with a gold netting that a bunch of apples I bought were packaged in!

There's the crepe flowers wreath from the One A Week DIY Christmas decor project - tutorial found here.

I like to keep my apron visible and handy - especially this time of year! (because I think it will give the impression that I'm a fab cook!)




"Everything in moderation...including moderation"
~Julia Child

Thank you for stopping by --  more soon!

~Chelsea




No comments:

Post a Comment