April 22, 2013

Less than two weeks...

Hey guys! I just wanted to drop a quick note today to say hello! I might be a little touch and go here on the blog over the next week or so as the May 4 sale quickly approaches. I've got a few more pieces to finish up, then I need to price everything, and then, (my favorite part), get the garage all prettied up for May 4! It will all get done. It will....

It feels really soon, but actually I think this is the most prepared I've been for one of my sales at just under two weeks out. I've been able to get a lot done with the beautiful weather we've had lately!

Stripping some ugly veneer off the top of a dresser. I don't usually strip veneer, but in this case it was already coming up and splitting into jagged pieces ready to tear a sweater or, (worse?), slice a finger!
*Tip: Use a putty knife and a hammer to get under the veneer, then peel it right off.



This piece has sat in the garage for.ev.er. I'm so excited about how it's coming along!

And not all the time outside has been spent painting. We've been enjoying our deck once again,

...our first home grown herbs, (I had a bit of fun with chalk...),

...our first Spring with our new garden that we planted last fall,

...and of course, lots of play!






Tomorrow I will have a brand new piece to show you, (the dresser who lost it's veneer), and an updated list of pieces available on May 4!

~You, (and your bffs), are invited to the Chelsea's Garage Spring Sale!~
Saturday, May 4
10am-2pm
Herndon, VA
(contact me at chelseasgarage@gmail.com for the address)

What you can expect: 
-Complimentary refreshments
-Norah Jones, (probably not in person, but I'll work on it)
-One, two, or three of my children making an appearance if you're lucky
-My husband making an appearance if you're really lucky
-Oh yes, and lots of gorgeous, one-of-a-kind pieces all ready for a good home


Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!

~Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment