July 29, 2013

Timeless custom grey dresser

Hi guys! I'm excited to kick off the week with a hot-out-the-garage newly refinished dresser. Dressers are my favorite. <3

When I acquired this one I didn't have a specific plan of action in mind. I kicked around a few ideas but it really wasn't until I took an afternoon to spend working on the piece that I finally decided on a look.
Classic. Elegant. Sophisticated. Timeless.

Those were the words that came to mind when I stood there looking at this dresser before even pulling out my paintbrush. It's got beautiful lines with classic details and I really wanted to keep the character intact. I decided on a soft, neutral color, (50/50 Paris Grey + Old White by Annie Sloan Chalk Paint), and used the original hardware, which I just think is so lovely. I'm not opposed to changing out hardware and have done so on many pieces, but sometimes these old brassy pulls look so elegant to me, especially when backed by a soft neutral white, grey, cream or khaki.

It's been a while since I've worked my hand over some dentil molding. What a sweet and sophisticated detail!


I used a light touch when distressing this one. I just wanted to highlight the lines of the body and drawers.





{Piece is available for sale, $325}
50 x 31 x 17

Thank you for stopping by!

~Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment