May 31, 2013

Life happening: Our week in pictures

~All pieces available for sale can be found here~

I can't wait to start the Early Stages of Decorating series with you on Monday! I've been working on the entire series throughout the past week, putting the whole thing together as my train of thought was on a roll. I sincerely hope you enjoy it and that it's a helpful resource for you!

It was somewhat of a week off from painting as I just worked on one custom order containing two small pieces for a sweet client. Other than that, our week looked a little like this...


This one started with a fever...

...but it didn't last long.

This one met the boy-girl twins that I was given when I was five years old. (They actually have all their anatomy...)

Foreshadowing her life as well perhaps?

Finding my boys' matchbox cars slipped under their door during "nap time".
And catching their fingers reaching out trying to get them back.

Breakfasts outside!


And a couple fun opportunities to go meet friends, sans kids!
Anyone else keeping their hair in a permanent messy-bun from now until October?
Virginia humidity is killer!

Happy weekend :)

~Chelsea

P.S. I want to clarify something really quick, (not because anyone brought it up...I just want to) - when I mentioned yesterday at the beginning of the post that I felt like our space looked like an arts and crafts project with lots of painted pieces and DIY projects, I did not mean that I purged of all those things or that DIY projects = poor style or taste. We still have four large pieces that I painted just for our home on our main level, not including all the frames I painted for our gallery wall, (dining room), and the lamps I painted black for a more industrial feel. I also refinished the wooden bakers rack between our living room windows, made the coat rack of recycled silver spoons, updated hardware on a few unpainted pieces, dyed the curtains in our kitchen, made a book page wreath that hangs by our front door, and other smaller touches. I am all for DIY home accents. I just think some of my particular projects weren't reflecting our style, (a decoupaged vase, wallpaper on our chandelier, hanging light fixtures that were improperly hung - stuff like that). I hope my remark didn't give any wrong impressions, but if it did, now you know; I love working with my own two hands on things for our home and if I had all the money in the world, I don't think I'd be doing any different. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment