October 3, 2013

Our living room

Hi guys! We rearranged our Living Room a while ago and while I had updated it on the Tour Our Home link, I thought it might be fun to walk you around the 'new' space and explain some of our changes. 
Then


Now

I really enjoyed the room the way it was before. But as the furniture refinishing business goes, pieces are constantly moving in and out of our home, (a flow which I've noticed my kiddos are completely immune to at this point), and when just one little piece sells and moves on to a new home, sometimes that sparks a complete room re-haul.

This is what you see when you walk through our front door.



The white armchairs define the Living Room space without completely closing off the Dining Room. What I love about an open floor plan is the opportunity for socializing to flow from one space to another. 

This metal table from Target was the only new purchase for the Living Room. I wanted a really airy piece between the chairs to keep an openness between the two rooms.

The antique church pew was a Luckett's Spring Market find this past May! I didn't do a thing to it, (besides clean it). Love the chippy paint revealing the original forest green underneath!

My old college buddy, the wrought iron leg side table. I painted it Old White by Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, and added faded grey stripes in Paris Grey, also by ASCP.

I love me a naked lampshade. Thinking about covering it in chicken wire for more visual interest. I'll get back to you on that... (I spray painted both my table lamps in this room in flat black Rustoleum spray paint).

The old grey cabinet I painted in a custom mixed soft grey and gently distressed.

The big wood and wrought iron coffee table was a Christmas gift from my Matt. He found it at a thrift store while out with our boys last fall! My man sure knows where to shop for me... :) The wooden shelves next to the bench were from a barn sale - a friend found the piece for $5, (and since she had no use for it I was the lucky beneficiary)!

Looking across the room from the Dining Room.

Thank you for stopping by!

~Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment