October 7, 2013

Sunny pedestal table

Hi friends! It's a gray morning here in our little pocket of the world in Northern Virginia - which makes this post just perfect for today! My folks moved to a new house recently and the work they've done on it has been incredible! I've had the pleasure of getting to work on a few projects for them and am thrilled about the ones still ahead! Today I've got a very cheery makeover of a pedestal table which occupies a cozy nook in their kitchen. Loved this project from start to finish!

My Mom picked out this table from World Market

Indeed, the Cooper Round Dining Table is a beautiful table in raw wood. But how fun it is in the sunny color she picked out, (Saffron by Restoration Hardware, mixed by Benjamin Moore)! I love how the yellow pedestal and the steel top play off of each other! ~Gray and yellow~ one of my all-time favorite color combinations.





This little snap of color is just perfect in their light kitchen. Very inspiring!

Oh, I definitely see myself taking my sweet time to eat some meals there...

The low-down:
-Since the wood was super soft and porous, it did not sand very well, (it just pulled up in splinters). 
-So I got right down to painting!
-7 coats of Saffron in semi-gloss by Restoration Hardware, mixed by Benjamin Moore
-3 coats of Minwax Polyurethane clear semi-gloss sealer


Thank you for reading!

~Chelsea

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Where did your parents end up moving? You will have so much fun helping them decorate! :) -Maggie

    ReplyDelete